Comments is a components designed to stimulate and facilitate interaction and feedback by members. It consists of a simple form with a textarea that grows on typing and an image upload button by default. Depending on the settings the block can have a maximum amount of characters, an option to insert rich links and the option to tag othrr members. You will see this form in the shoutbox on dashboards (domain, group, profile), for private messages and as the comment form with nodes.
Some key features are that users can…
- edit and delete their own submissions
- attach a photo (from camera or system)
- tag multiple members
- insert a rich link (with title and image)
- insert content links
- not submit an empty form
This module uses several scripts to provide enhanced functionality for the user:
- jQuery URLive: create a live preview snippet of a url based on the Open Graph properties
- jQuery Autogrow: the ability for a
textareato automatically grow and shrink dynamically with its content
- jQuery NiceFileInput: enable styling of file inputs
- jQuery Linkify: finding URLs in plain-text and converting them to HTML links.
- jQuery Mentions Input: Allows users to "@mention" members in a text message